Prohibited & Restricted Items
Some items cannot be sent through our services. Some of these are obvious, but others you may not know about.
For example, aerosol cans are not allowed as they can explode in the right environment.
The following items are strictly prohibited from shipment, and must not be sent through our services under any circumstance. Any of these items being sent may result in prosecution, heavy fines and imprisonment.
- Aerosol cans / sprays
- Airbag Modules
- Animal skins / Furs / Any Animal Parts including meat / Ivory and ivory products
- Any item that is not boxed
- Articles of exceptional value (eg, works of art, antiques, precious stones, gold and silver) over £250
- Box with Hazardous label - Items sent with a Hazardous label attached will be classed as such. DO NOT RE USE OLD HAZARDOUS BOXES
- Cheques or Tickets that are not named
- Dangerous goods - eg Explosives / Fireworks / Christmas Crackers / Radioactive Materials / Deactivated or Replica Weapons and Munitions / Firearms / Swords / Knives / Axe / Chainsaw / Anything with a blade larger than 1.5 inches / Weapons
- Dry Ice
- Engines / Generators / Gearboxes or any part containing or having contained oil/petrol unless flushed through
- Fire Extinguishers / Life Jackets
- Gold & Silver, Jewellery including Watches over £250
- Goods moving under ATA Carnet and all temporary exports and imports; goods moving under FCR, FCT and CAD (Cash Against Document)
- Hazardous materials eg Paint / Adhesives / Chemicals / Flammable resins/ solvents/ liquids / Compressed Air & Empty cylinders / Items containing any gases - See Also Household goods
- Household goods containing flammable or corrosive liquids, such as oven or drain cleaners / perfume, aftershave/ hairspray/ nail varnish and remover/ antiseptic wipes ...
- Human Remains / Body Fluids
- Live / Dead animals
- Magnets or items containing ferro-magnetic material
- Pornographic materials
- Soil / Clay
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Toner / Ink Cartridges / Printers / Fax Machines or Photocopiers to any destination outside of the UK.
- Wet or Lithium Batteries (This includes any iphone ) (Not including Dry Cell), not more than 2 items can be sent & weighing less than 2.5kg per item and the Lithium Dry Cell Battery must be attached to their product.
- Any Controlled/Illegal substance including Khat to all areas.
The following items are deemed unsuitable for shipment by our services, and are therefore restricted. Any of these items being sent may result in surcharges, delays or confiscation by authorities where appropriate. No transit cover or guarantees whatsoever will apply to these items. THESE ITEMS ARE SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Computers / Monitors / Laptops
- Food items (Perishable) All areas
- Furniture (Unless Flatpacked)
- Glass / Mirrored items / Crystal / Ceramic / Pottery/ Porcelaine/ Plaster / Marble / China / Stone / Slate / Resin / Granite / Concrete - (or any item containing these matierals)
- LED, LCD & TFT Screens under 32inches (Over 32 inches Prohibited)
- Written Prescriptions / Prescribed Drugs / Medication, must be accompanied with a copy of the prescription.
- Perishable goods,liquids of any kind
- Personal Affects - Prohibited to Australia, New Zealand & China over £100 - Restricted to all other Countries
- Plants / Seeds / Flowers / Plant derivatives
- Television screens - LED, LCD, TFT screens under 32inches (over 32 inches Prohibited)
- Unaccompanied baggage / Suitcases
We will not accept any materials and products that may be dangerous or hazardous to handling staff.
To comply with strict regulations we will not carry any substances classified as dangerous in the latest edition of the IATA publication.
Also prohibited are: Shipments with inherent vice; Shipments which by their nature are likely to soil, impair or damage persons, merchandise or equipment; Goods the carriage of which is prohibited by law in the country of origin, transit or destination; Goods which attract excise duty or which require special facilities, safety precautions or permits.
It is the sender's responsibility to comply with current government regulations or laws applicable in each country. Not all commodities can be shipped to all countries.
Further information is available on request. Please contact us before placing any order if you are unsure of the classification of your consignment. Failure to declare dangerous goods can lead to prosecution, heavy fines and imprisonment.